Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Blah

I wonder if there is such a thing as the spring blahs. Maybe that's why they invented Spring Break. Hmm...I'll have to think about it a bit more.

I'm a bit frustrated this week, so I haven't posted. I had a great week planned out--full of work and fun and maybe the beach. But none of it has worked. On Monday Annika  opened the filter to our 100 gallon fish tank and dumped between 15 and 20 gallons of water onto the new carpet in the playroom. Yep. She did. Then she lied to me about doing it. On the other hand, she told me only a couple of minutes after the water started gushing out so I was able to stop the water pretty quickly and it looks like the permanent damage will be minimal. I hope.

So, things haven't gone as planned. But then I started asking myself when they ever go as planned. Do I ever have a week where someone isn't sick or a class isn't canceled or something like that? Nothing major, but something that is enough to throw a wrench in the works. I really don't. Last week Emma was busy throwing up (on me) every other day. No fever, no other symptoms, but throw-up every other day. It was weird. The week before Jason didn't feel great so he took some days off of work and while that's fine, having Daddy home definitely throws things off.

The question is what do I do with the changes? Do I throw up my hands and declare a mistrial? Do I get anxious and frantic that we won't complete what we've started? Do I do both? Or do I just go one doing the best I can and trying to catch up whatever I can the next day or week?

I think I probably do a lot of the first two questions and not enough of the last. My goal this week is to rework the schedule to absorb the missing work from this week and at the same time make sure that I'm not trying to pack too many things into a small amount of time or sanity.

Because that small amount of sanity is all I've got left.

No comments: