Monday, February 12, 2007

The Scientific Method of Madness

I think if there is anything that is being neglected that shouldn't be is science. We've done a lot of half-hearted things so far.

1. Looked at leaves and discussed their structure.
2. Soaked beans to see which would open up fastest (don't do that, it just gets messy and icky)
3. Grown a lima bean in a cup in the kitchen window. So far that's been pretty successful, but we need to plant them tomorrow.
4. Taken a walk around a pond to see what's there. We saw a duck. Yep, one lone living thing. It was fun, but I was really hoping for more. Who knows, maybe the next time we go.
5. Annika walks and collecting. That's pretty cool, but I don't always follow up like I should.

Yesterday Jason had the boys looking at different things under the microscope. I kept wanting to say, "wait, let me get a pencil and a paper, you can write down what you see," but I held my tongue and they had fun with Jason.

I just realized that Harry goes to a science class at the coop, so I'm technically off the hook for that. Yay! Even if he does think it's boring. But that's okay, he's just committed for the month.

No comments: