Saturday, February 03, 2007

Coming Up in February

This is a short month, so I'm going to try to cram all of this into it.

1. History: Ancient Egypt. We plan to do projects, read history books, fiction books, look at maps. All kinds of things about Egypt. It's fun for me because I get to show Harry our pictures and for Harry because really, what kid doesn't get into Egypt?!

2. Reading: Allen Say. I'm really excited about this. I love his books--he has a wonderful style of writing, sort of calm and collected but it makes you want more. Also he is an amazing artist. Even though his books are in the childrens' section, I firmly believe everyone should read them. Along with this we'll talk about and study Japan. Adam also sent Harry and Sam beautiful calligraphy sets from Japan so we'll use those too.

3. Math: We'll just continue along how we've been going.

4. Science: We'll continue talking about leaves and plants. The boys have lima beans (yay) growing in our windowsill so we've been talking about beans and growing things too. Also, this is a big month for the garden. Jason and Harry have already planted the our peas so he'll check on those too.

5. Art and Music: We'll mostly try to get into a good rhythm with those.

I think next I'll try to post what we will be using for our Allen Say and Egypt studies.

No comments: