Thursday, October 06, 2011

The Week in Pictures & Words

Emma playing Barbies. They were fighting over who got to wear the pink dress.
Panera School Math Class.

Emma's ouchy toe. She dropped a stainless steel water bottle on it last Friday.

Everything is easier if you can work on the floor (spelling).

Cheesy Harry sharpening his pencil for the umpteenth time.

Annika's Math Work

Sam pretending to be a scale and measuring the mass of the sand.

Marshmallow Constellations. I'm pretty sure this doesn't exist in real life. But then the marshmallows don't anymore either.
(Sorry for the lines in the pictures. I have no idea why they are there and I can't for the life of me get rid of them. If you have any ideas, let me know.)

So, for the words:

We are back in a better groove than we have been since our trip. Work is getting done more and more consistenly. Thank goodness.

I don't think there is anything major to talk about this week. Everything is just moving onto the next lesson or book or whatever. Oh, Harry did start piano again on Tuesday. It's not easy to find a teacher around here for less thatn $90/month. But I did. Sam will start in January when his schedule clears a bit (I wish I was kidding.) and Annika in a couple of years.

I have to say that I love reading everyone's weekly reports, I really do. But when it comes to writing my own, I don't want to say FLL, lessons 6-10 every single time. Instead, how about you assume that I'm keeping up with the kids main lessons in their core subjects and I'll post about more major things. Things like interesting books read or projects done. If the kids make a big leap into something new, I'll post that or if they totally fail at something...well, I might not post it in so many words. But if I start asking for help with something, it's probably because something didn't go so well. Okay? Thanks.

No comments: