Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Chicken Mummy, Day Four

It's a good thing my friend also started the chicken mummification process with me. Otherwise I would have definitely given up by now. Not because it is smelly, because honestly, it isn't. Just because eww. I am not a fan of chicken and to have one, even one that is completely encased in salt, in my kitchen is just icky.

That said, I checked it again yesterday. It sits in an unused cupboard in it's oh so attractive Costco milkbox sarcophagus drying out. Really the only smell is the rubbing alcohol and a little bit of pumpkin pie spice.

This is the Pharaoh Kluckfu shortly after being taken out of his bags:

 He still has the old salt mixture on him.


This is a very brightly lit picture of what he looked like out of the bag and without the salt on him.


This is the mummification mixture. Two boxes of salt and half a box each of baking soda and baking powder.

I'll check him again on Thursday. See you then.

No comments: