Monday, November 09, 2009

Welcome

A few years ago I made a Welcome Banner from instructions I found in a magazine. (I told you I liked magazines.) I can't find the instructions, but it was super easy.

What You Need:
A piece of burlap--about the size of a large piece of paper
Felt cut outs of the word "Welcome" (I decided how big the letters should be and printed them out on the computer. Then I traced the letters onto the felt and cut them out.)
Felt cut-outs of some leaves in fall colors, about 5 or 6 of them (print out the clip-art from familyfun.com and trace them onto the felt, then cut them out)
Glue gun
A dowel rod or long stick, longer than the width of the burlap
A piece of rope
5 Pennies

What To Do:
1. After you have the words and leaves ready, lay them out onto the blurlap. When you like how they look, glue them on. You are going to use the top couple of inches for the stick, so place them accordingly.
2. Put the stick or dowel rod across the top, fold the burlap over it and glue the burlap down.
3. Tie the rope onto the dowel rod or stick so you can hang it.
4. Glue the pennies along the back on the bottom so that it won't fly around too much.
5. Hang and admire your craftiness!

Now, if I can only find mine...

No comments: