Saturday, May 24, 2008

What's the Plan, Stan?

I cleaned up the loft Thursday morning because I couldn't let Marty and Jenny see it in the incredibly messy state it was in. But also because I just couldn't think in there any more. There were books and papers everywhere. It wasn't so much that the room was embarrassing (although it was) it was more that it wasn't functional any longer as a place to learn. And that in itself is embarrassing.

But no more. I cleaned it! I cleaned out the big cabinet, all of the random drawers, my files...everything. It felt so good.

Now that I don't have to think about that anymore, I can move onto other, bigger and more interesting things.

Things like:
1. What books should I have Harry and Sam read next year?
2. What books and activities should I use from the SOTW 2 Activity Book next year?
3. How can I organize a little area for Annika to do "preschool" in?
4. How do I deal with Sam's speech next year--do I need to advocate more for two thirty minute sessions in a week or can he handle one full hour session?
5. I really need to call early intervention for Annika to get her into the preschool speech program as soon as school starts next year.
6. How am I going to be able to teach two very different curricula next year? (Something that causes worry and concern, but that I know will come together.)
7. What composers and artists should I focus on next year and what does that really mean?

So really I'm in a planning mode for next year and it does feel good. I love planning. Now, if I could just stick to the plan for more than a week. That would probably be helpful.

No comments: