Thursday, May 08, 2008

Weekly Planning

I love planning and organizing. Things go smoother in our lives if I've got some idea of what comes next. That doesn't mean I always follow the plan, but thinking ahead is always good. So I created a chart to guide us through our learning week.

Another thing to remember is that we don't do something in each column each week. And a lot of the lessons that we actually do are "read this story" or "do one page." Remember that when you scroll down to the bottom and see a lot of subjects.

I just pencil in the lesson or the pages we're working on. Then after we've done the work I'll write it in the day. I know that doesn't make much sense, but the chart is less for me to plan out which day I'm going to do what and more so I can be aware of what I need to do in order to stay on top of something.

For instance, if we're on math lesson 34, after Harry does page 34a on Monday, I'll write it in, if he doesn't do math again until Thursday, I'll write under Thursday that he did 34 b and d. If it's a reading that we're doing, I'll write the chapter or page numbers in the appropriate days.

I write down Harry's narrations on the back and when the week is over, I file all of the sheets in my "records" notebook.

It's much easier than I'm making it seem. Here's the link to my planning sheet.

Oh, I don't usually use google docs, so if you know how to make the grid lines, please let me know. It's driving me crazy!

No comments: