Monday, May 05, 2008

Monday--Fighting, Writing

and experimenting...

The day started by arguing with Harry about his attitude. You just know that when I write "attitude" things aren't going real well.

Eventually he came out of his funk and brought me the work he did. Only it was completely a mess, so he had to redo it. I think I told him he could do it later since I wanted the whole morning to end.

I wrangled him out of the playroom to do some math--adding three or four numbers in a line. I told him that it was tower math and to climb the tower, he had to add. He did fine.

Spelling is getting trickier for him, he's still getting the answers right, but he has to think about it more. On the other hand, he gets really excited when the answer is right, so his struggling isn't all a bad thing. He did the section I told him to, then asked if he could do the next one also because it was a crossword puzzle. I of course said, "yes."

We began The Great Avocado Experiment today. We put avocado pits in water, a wet paper towel in a plastic bag, and in some dirt today. The experiment is to see which sprouts first. Hopefully one of them will. We also read some books on seeds and plants and both boys drew a seed and labeled it.

Harry read "The Laconic Answer" to me and we talked about it. I love 50 Famous Stories. I'll be so bummed when we're finished with it.

So that's all of the official school stuff we've done today. Now I'm off to figure out the curriculum for next year. It sounds like way more fun than it really is!

No comments: