Sunday, January 14, 2007

Looking ahead

This week Jason is having the surgeries, so we'll be spending hours with him at the eye doctors. However, they've seen the one kids movie playing there, so we'll be using the time to do work. (I can already hear the "aww, Moms.")

Anyway, we'll be starting our composer and artist study this week. I'm going with Monet for art and Mozart for music. Somewhat trite choices I realize, but I already have what I need for those. I've realized that I tend to overthink things and have too much to actually do, so I'm trying to work on that. Also the Getty Museum is only a couple of hours away and we can go see some of the artwork we'll be studying. I'm not sure there is a great Mozart concert happening anytime soon, but oh well.

I should be getting the rest of the curriculum I want (keep your fingers crossed) and I'll start on those as soon as I can.

The rest is going okay. We do need to get out more. But honestly, it's been cold here the last couple of days and no one likes to go out. Before you start laughing, it's been in the 30's and 40's. So there. I can't take a baby out in that for any length of time.

I'm pretty pleased at how things are going so far. The libraries might ban me from checking anymore books out for a while, but that's okay. I have a stack to return so I'll do some trading. Other than that, I must go...

No comments: