Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Happy Pie Day

We did things other than make and think about pie. Really. I swear.

For instance, Harry amazed everyone (especially himself) with his stunning intelligence. He did four math lessons in one day. At this point it's all review, but the faster he can get through some of this, the faster we can move on to the hardest of all hard math concepts when you are six--Subtraction. (I think he just shuttered in his sleep.)

Anyway, today was his first day of co-op classes. He was signed up for an art class and something called "Kid's Club." He also had the option of staying for lunch. Once we got there he decided that there was no way in the world he was staying. It took a lot of doing, but he stayed for art and once he got halfway through that he thought maybe Kid's Club might be okay. So he stayed for both of those, but that was enough for one day and he came home for lunch.

He did great and really enjoyed himself. I liked going to the store with only two kids and actually getting complimented on how well-behaved they are/were, whatever. Anyway, at the time, they were very well behaved and it was quite nice. I think I bought more than I meant to since I was totally enjoying the quiet.

We picked Harry up, had lunch and the Pie Day Festivities began!

Now they are over and I'm tired, so good night.

No comments: