Saturday, November 12, 2011

What a Difference a Week Makes


This is part of the family last Friday. My two daughters stayed home in the sunshine with their Grandma while the boys, my husband and I hiked down into the Grand Canyon and then back out. There were some moments when we weren't sure if the "back out" part would actually happen, but it did and we all made it back to the Rim. Where it snowed. It's only a couple of inches but that seems like a lot when you live where it doesn't usually now at all. (Hence, the shorts on Sam.)

Anyway, we took the week of Halloween off for the trip (not saying the boys didn't learn anything, it just wasn't official) and then tried to get back to things Tuesday of this week after Grandma left. To say that things went slowly would be an understatement. Because of the Big Trip and Grandma's visit, I think it was okay.

We'll get back to things for real next week and I'm sure I'll write something truly enjoyable about how wonderful our week was!














No comments: