Saturday, November 19, 2011

Quick Pharaoh Update

I realized the other day that I hadn't changed the Pharaoh's salt in a while. By a while, about three weeks. Then I just put it off because I didn't want to deal with it in case it was gross. But I didn't smell anything from the box it's in, so I was hopeful. Then today at the party, one of the kids wanted to see it, so I took it outside and opened it up.

It was fine, but I was quite concerned for a while.

And that is how it became 9:00 on a Saturday night and instead of enjoying a cheesy tv show and some hot cocoa, I was standing on my porch in 50 degree weather, changing the salt on a chicken. (And, the 50 degree thing, give me a break, I live in Southern California. It's chilly out there.)

So I took a picture and wondered again what I'm going to do with the thing. I suppose I could wrap it in linen, but I really don't want to store a mummified chicken forever. But I've put so much work into it that it seems a shame to stop now. Maybe I'll give it to another homeschooler that doesn't want to start from scratch but wants to have experience. And they can have a turn with the whole salt thing. Then when they are finished, they can pass it on. It'll be like the exersaucer of homeschooling.

I'm brilliant I tell ya.

Here's the picture I took. Please remember that it was 9:00 on a RAINY cold night and we were in the dim light of my porch.


No comments: