Wednesday, August 06, 2008

If

you have a major decision to grapple with, and you're not quite sure how to do it, I would suggest that you have visitors come for the next few weeks. That will give you plenty to do while you process the decision. Once the visitors leave, you will have more or less come to terms with it magically while you are so busy.

Or at least that's my experience. Sort of. We had family come for the last three weeks of July--right after the decision to send the boys to school was made. First my Mom, and then almost all of Jason's family. So we got real busy and I just didn't have time to dwell on sending the boys.

However, that can backfire too. Once everyone left, I was a little bummed because I missed everyone and now I'm spending my time dreading sending them to school. I know I'm being melodramatic, and honestly, I don't care. When I think of them in school I get weepy and my stomach hurts.

I'd like to say that that this transition will be easier for them than for me--but I don't know that. There are just too many "what-ifs." I look at my children and they are so innocent, I wonder if the kids in their classes will make fun of them for that. I was teased unmercifully all through middle school, what if it starts earlier in school now?

Anyway, hopefully it will be more difficult for me. I'm trying to focus on the good parts of sending them to school. I bought Sam his backpack last week and he's taken it everywhere with him. He'd like to where it to bed, but he can't sleep on it! He's excited to go to kindergarten. They have reference for that since Harry went for a few months and it was fun and exciting.

Oh yeah, so tomorrow morning I have an appointment with the principal to talk to him about the kids. I have a list, but if you were able to ask a principal anything you could (with regards to school), what would you ask him?

Thanks,
Felicity

No comments: