Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Wrinkle

Or maybe a crease.

I've been intentionally surrounding myself with people that are pro-public school. That way if I start to waver or get worried about something, the automatic answer won't be, "just keep them home." But today I got a call from a friend who homeschools and who, I'm sure won't understand why they are going to school in the fall. I really like this woman--she is incredibly friendly and nice, but I'm afraid that she will try to sway me back to homeschooling. And since I'm already kind of freaked out about everything, I'll just get more worried.

This is actually the opposite problem that I see with people who homeschool--they don't talk to many people about it because they might try to change their mind.

Apparently this post is going nowhere, but if I want to keep being friends with her, how do I do that? Honestly, I know that academically and in just about every other way homeschooling is a thousand times better than regular school, but they are going anyway. It's not something I can explain well (obviously), so I think I'll just have to bow out of this friendship for a while.

I knew this was going to be hard, but why does it keep just getting harder and harder by the day?

1 comment:

elysabeth said...

Ooops - I posted a reply to your latest entry before reading more of your blog. It's definitely not an easy decision to go from homeschooling to public schools or vice versa. You have to do what is right for you and your kids and if you need to have them in school then that is what you have to do. Good luck and I don't think your friend means any harm; she is just feeling that homeschooling is the best avenue for her and probably for others around her.

Hope you get the problems figured out - E :)