Thursday, November 08, 2007

Thursday already?

I love Thursdays--we only have one speech appointment and then we get to spend the rest of the day at home. I use it to catch up on all of the things that didn't get finished through the week.

So, knowing that. Today Harry did a couple of pages in MUS. He wrote some copywork from Benjamin Franklin. We finished the book earlier in the week, but it's great to have Harry write without complaints. He just really liked the book and the sayings in it. He'll spend a couple more days finishing the work, but it really is an accomplishment for him.

Everyone needed a snack about then so while they at their yogurt, I read a couple of Aesop's Fables and King Alfred and the Beggar. Harry's understanding of the true meanings of things is growing by leaps and bounds. I'm trying to figure out what I want him to do with the morals of the stories, but aside from copying them down, I haven't come up with anything. And I know that forcing him to copy these won't make them stick, it'll backfire and he won't want to read them anymore.

We took some time to create autumn leaves out of markers, coffee filters, and watered down glue. That was a lot more time-consuming and messy than I thought it would be. But it turned out kind of cool. I'm just not sure it was worth the time and mess. I'm planning to leave a review for this craft on the crayola website.

They played Bionicle people for a while after that, had lunch, and we dove into our study of rocks. We got a kit that has a whole bunch of igneous rocks in it, so we looked at each one and tried to describe them. I made a chart and everything to fill out. Sam and Annika got into the action too. The most common phrase of this part: "No, Annika, don't eat the Mt. St. Helen's ash!"
Now it's quiet time, which is nice because I'm exhausted. We have a busy evening tonight, well, the kids and I do, Jason will be home resting. He had a longer night than I did yesterday. So I'm debating between a shower and a nap. And maybe getting some lunch. We'll see. Stay tuned for the next exciting adventure!

No comments: