Friday, October 26, 2007

Friday Funday?

The fire danger has mostly passed for us and it was back to our normal days. More or less. I woke up at 3:30 this morning and didn't fall back asleep until 5:30. Those are an important two hours apparently in my world, so I'm a bit tired.

Anyway, this morning Harry did a timed math drill and got 66 correct in 5 minutes! That is the most he has ever gotten and I'm really proud of him. He just sat down and worked really hard for the entire five minutes. We're working on a goal of 100 correct in 3 minutes. This supplements the MUS work he does. He finished his lesson yesterday, so I'm waiting until Monday to introduce another one.

We also read another chapter of Children of Noisy Village and the children who live in my noisy house clamored for another. So I think later at snack time we'll do that. They are all really into it.

And we finished Midsummer! Yay! When I started this our, I was pretty nervous, not sure if Harry would follow it or understand everything, but he turned out to be really interested in the story and fascinated by the fairies. This morning he got out another version I had from the library and read that on his own. So now he really knows the story.

Still to do today: a chapter from Burgess Bird Book, writing practice, and a few pages of Benjamin Franklin. I'd better go get him from quiet time and get started!

No comments: