Thursday, March 13, 2008

Busy Little Beavers

Over the fall I decided that we were way too busy and that we needed to quit some of our activities. It was a good decision for the time--we were selling the house, I was hugely pregnant, life was crazy.

While life is still crazy, I'm ready to add some outside activities back in. So in no particular order, here is what we do during the week: (I won't tell you which day actually has which thing in case of crazy people)

Day 1
Speech at 7:55 am (Sam)
Speech at 9 am (Annika
Standing playdate with friends 1:45 pm (one week they come here, then we trade)

Day 2
Classes from 9-12 and 1:15-2:15 (Harry)
Park playdate

Day 3
Gym class at 11:30 (Harry and soon-to-be Sam)
Archery at 1:30 (Harry)

Day 4
Speech at 7:55

Day 5
Home all day!

It's crazy and taking a bit to get used to, but so far it's working. Harry absolutely loves the archery and tolerates the gym class. He really likes his classes, although when another Mom asked me what classes he was in and I told her, math, art, science, and reading, she then asked me what I teach him at home.

I told her that I teach him everything. Because I do. The classes he takes are for enrichment and so he can hang out with his friends. I don't expect them to replace me. It was really kind of a rude question, at least the way she asked it.

Harry really wants to take piano, so I'm looking for a keyboard for him to practice on. One I find that, we'll work that in too. I'd also like to take Annika to a storytime at one of the libraries nearby, but I've yet to find one that works with our schedule. I hate to use up one of our "free" days, but I know she'd love it. So maybe that will come soon. Sam doesn't know this yet, but he's going to join in on the gym class starting in May. It's track and field then, so I think I can lure him into it by telling him that we need to show the other kids how fast he is!

No comments: