Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Upcoming Week

We have a busy week this week--full of friends, family, doctor's appointments, classes, and other fun. So I need to be especially organized to get everything accomplished that I need and want to.

Here's what's happening:
Monday: Sea World in the afternoon with Adam
Tuesday: Speech all morning and Harry's friend from preschool is coming over in the afternoon
Wednesday: Harry has classes all day
Thursday: Speech first thing in the morning and another friend coming in the afternoon
Friday: Emma has a doctor's appointment at 11. (side note, no more appointments at 11, it just doesn't work for us!)

Things I need/want to accomplish this week:
Math: Lesson 6.
Spellng: Review Lesson 32. Only 4 more in this book.
Grammar: A lesson every day. Action verbs are a lot of fun around here!

History: Athens and Sparta. We're backing off a bit, not abandoning it all together. I think we'll do the "book work" for now and save the project time for science. Speaking of which...
Science: Earthquakes and Volcanoes. We'll build a pretend seismograph and a paper volcano. I have absolutely no desire to do the baking soda version right now. Maybe when we finish our earth science studies, but not now.

Season notebooks: More about winter. Somewhere I have a list of what I wanted to put in their notebooks. I'll find it and do it. Then I can return all of the winter books to the library and check out the spring ones.

Poetry, art, music. Please.

President's Day is tomorrow--we'll continue to read George Washington. At this rte we might finish it by President's Day 2009!

Various other readings from the Ambleside list.

That's all. I think a week should about do it. I'll let you know how it turns out in the end!

No comments: